Personal paid commission work. Designing Logo's for Sincere Clothing

I was approached by an old friend from school who has his own clothing line, that is fastly becoming quite popular. I have been slowly building up my own portraiture/illustration business this past year which is what I think made me stand out to him. I drew these out by hand roughly looking at the reference images I was given, he wanted a wolf and a lion and the main thing to focus on was there expressions with a small element of colour. After pencil drawing the main features I think used Indian ink to define the outlines of the drawings and then checked with the Client that he liked this kind of look. He was very happy so I went ahead and scanned the drawings in and used illustrator to redraw the outlines, I then took the drawings into Photoshop and coloured them using a drawing tablet to get a more natural and paint like effect, but still keeping the pieces clean and crisp. This was a paid commission and the logo's will most likely be further developed for merchandise, which is extremely exciting. There is also the possibility that I will get a chance to do some paint work for an established textile brand in the near future, which will be a great opportunity to further my skills in this set.
Indian Ink Drawings

Final Wolf Design


Final Lion Design


Comments