Garden Wall Commission

Garden Wall Commission

After seeing an advertisement on the UCA Fresher's page asking for students to get in touch with a possible client for a garden wall commission painting, I decided to email the client and ask for more information. The Client followed up my email with showing me a picture of the space, he also explained to me that he has a 6 year old son so the painting would need to be suitable for him, other than that I would have the opportunity to have a lot of freedom with the piece. I said that I would get back to him with some sketches of ideas and go from there. I decided that I wanted to do something colourful and animal related. I drew up two sketches (shown below) of a under water scene and a forest scene in pencil. The client loved both but preferred the forest scene. To give him more of an idea of what it would look like, using water colour I added a quick wash of colour into the sketch. After sending him this image, he was very happy with what I had come up with as it would be very in keeping with the garden. We then discussed prices and dates and I have arranged to begin after our hand in date for this project at university.
Forest Scene

Under water scene

Water colour forest scene

Comments