Wednesday 10th May

Wednesday 10th May- Finishing the stencils for the banners, making stencils for work and making the Donkey's costume.

Today I started the day by finishing cutting the stencils for the banners, I also cut out 10 A4 stencils in preparation for working with the children at Hoo Library in the youth club. This took up most of the morning. For the remainder of the day I made a tail for donkey, I did this the same way as I made the Lion's but I used grey felt as the main length and then the grey fur that we had chosen for donkeys. I then stretched the leggings for his costumer over a cardboard cut out legs to keep them full and then traced the shape onto some pattern paper, on the pattern paper I then drew out where we wanted the fur, I then cut out the pattern piece and traced it onto the fur, I carefully cut out two identical pieces of this for each leg. I stuck them down onto the leggings with hot glue to keep them flat and tomorrow I will hand stitch round the edges to ensure they will hold well.
In the evening, me and Kerry returned to the Youth centre to do stencilling with the children, we did this for about 2 hours and helped them to decorate the T-shirts we had tie dyed last week and some of them had brought in there own items for clothing that they wanted to decorate.
One of the stencil sheets for the youth centre.


Making Donkey's tail.

Comments