Tuesday 9th May

Tuesday 9th May- Finishing the Lion's headdress and making a tail & making the Wiz's Cape details.

In the morning I had a trip to town to hunt for a cheap Tiara, I thought this would be ideal for the headdress as it would be able to sit up and also be more secure and comfortable on the head than a plain hairband or elastic. Once I got back to university, the tiara needed its surfaces to be sanded down before I could spray paint it one colour. I did this and then decided on the colour red to coat the entire thing. Once this had dried I attached it to the lions head using a two part glue/resin and held it in place till it was practically dry, I then covered this with some more black felt, to hide the tiara and make it look a lot more neater, I then added some shorter ribbons round the side, for extra detail. The lion's tail that I made yesterday was also attached by Kerry, she did this but cutting a small slit just below the waist elastic, this made it sit flatter and more neat.
The next task of the day was too make the details that were gonna be cut out and hand stitched onto the Wiz's Cloak by Kerry. I drew out a fancy 'W' sign using a pencil onto a thin white cotton drill and then using two different shades of green acrylic I painted it. I then painted a selection of different sized triangles in different types of greens, these were then cut out and give to Kerry for the next step.
My final task for the day was to print out all the patterns ready for making stencils for the banners. There were 3 in total but they had to be split into 6 different parts as the acetate didn't go any larger than A3. Once printed, I lay them under the acetate and using a sharpie I carefully traced the lines onto it. Then, using a hot pen I cut them all out. 

Sanding the Tiara on the back.

Sanding the front of the Tiara.

The Lion headpiece.

Back of the headpiece.

Finished back of the headpiece.

Finished front of the headpiece.

Finished side shot of the headpiece.

Lion's tail attached to leggings.

Painting the 'w' for The Wiz's cloak.

Finished 'W' and triangles.

Painting the Triangles, using masking tape as a paint barrier.

Tracing the stencil with a sharpie pen.

Cutting the stencil out with a heat pen.


Comments